What is prayer?
Luke 11: 1-2 Jesus' teaching on prayer
1) One day Jesus was praying in a certain place. When he finished, one of his disciples said to him, "Lord, teach us to pray, just as John taught his disciples."
2)He said to them, "When you pray, say: " 'Father, hallowed be your name,
What a privilege and a marvellous sight it must have been for the disciples to witness Our Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth praying in their midst. He deeply loved His Father and His Father referred to Jesus as His Beloved Son. An example of a perfect loving relationship between Father and Son, there was constant communication, an intimate dialogue, what I would refer to as prayer.
There have been some periods in my life that I have felt a joyous experience of the Presence of God. That you know our Heavenly Father is delighted in you praying. Just a small dimension of what Jesus felt when his disciples came back to report to Him of their evangelistic endeavours.
17) The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."
21) At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.
I used to lead an early morning prayer meeting in a local church a few years ago. A dedicated group of people came to this meeting. We prayed loudly through each line of Our Lord’s prayer and there were special moments that one sensed the tangible joyful presence of Our Lord. One felt He was saying to us, “well done my beloved children,” for we were demolishing strongholds and establishing the Kingdom of God in our local area. When this, “joyful Presence” manifests Himself than we know that very soon we will be witnessing fruitful results of our prayers. Just like what the disciples experienced through the above verses.
There are so many facets and dimensions of prayer. I hope that through my daily readings I will be able to humbly share with you various dynamics of prayer. One of the prayerful activity that I love most to do is just to pray the Word of the Lord loudly. This actually ministers an incredible peace to my entire being. Thank you Jesus.
Daily I seek the Presence of Our Lord just to instruct me what to pray. Ultimately I want to reach a spiritual position where my spirit is extremely sensitive to the Holy Ghost. To arrive at this position of sensitivity I have got to practise Romans Chapter 8 verse 26: but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. It is this aspect, the groaning prayer, one of the deepest forms of praying that I have got to aim and aspire for.
Romans Chapter 8
26) In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express.
27) And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
The words of William Penn who founded Pennsylvania: No pain- No palm, No thorns - No throne, No gall - No glory, No cross- No crown.
We want to acknowledge our Lord's blessings on this website. It was blessed and inaugurated officially on 1 August 2002.
The counter below was introduced for the first time on 8th January 2014. Sadly the firm who installed my previous beautiful counter many years ago,and filled it with exciting statistics,suddenly went out of business.As a result we lost all our treasured statistics.
We like national flags portraying on our website so we are re-introducing the flag counter freshly again through another firm.It is so exciting to see visitors coming from the far corners of the earth!