Reading for Day 33
Our families need to be preserved and protected.
Video pasted below.
It will help you on how to prepare for the year 2015: It will encourage you on how to be ready. It is compelling viewing of only 6 Minutes.
Luke Chapter 18 verse 8b: "But when the Son of Man (Jesus) returns, how many will He find on the earth who have faith?"
We pray that we will remain steadfast and faithful to the end. Pray that we will be a sweet fragrance to Jesus.
A Reverential, deeply moving Prayer Vigil. Watch the You Tube video below.
On Saturday 18th September 2010, we attended the much needed Prayer Vigil at Hyde Park, London.
Between 8 pm and 8-30 pm, darkness had fallen and most of the 80,000 congregants assembled were on their knees, heads bowed in solemn prayer on the grass in Hyde Park.
In devotion and reverence this Hymn was sung,
“Lead Kindly Light”.
The Hymn below, Lead Kindly Light radiates a Heavenly fragrance. A love song dispatched to Heaven!
Prayer meetings of this nature are mandatory.
Were not our hearts burning within us while Jesus talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"
Dear Jesus we need our 'hearts' to burn daily. This is an incredible verse. Sometimes I do ponder on this verse. For the words coming forth from the mouth of Jesus were "alive and living" sentences. Do think about this! May our hearts burn too in response to the Word.
Quickly do browse through another daily reading and read what happened when I was compelled to proclaim aloud a particular biblical verse on a busy main road. For my wife and I directly confronted a very nasty road rage incident.
28) As they approached the village to which they were going, Jesus acted as if he was going on ahead. 29) But they urged him strongly, "Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over." So he went in to stay with them. 30) When he was at the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. 31) Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him, and he disappeared from their sight. 32) They asked each other "Were not our hearts burning within us while he talked with us on the road and opened the Scriptures to us?"
44) He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms." 45) Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures.
Father God, like above please do open the scriptures to me and also open my spiritual mind so I will be able to understand the scriptures.
I have got a habit, an example above, of confirming one scripture with another scripture. I like to paraphrase Philippians Chapter 3, verse 1, this way, here goes, the version of Anton Nicholas,
“Finally my brothers, rejoice in the Lord! It is no trouble for me to write the same things over and over and over and over and over and over again, for this is a safeguard for you.
In the morning when I read my scriptural verses I get grounded sometimes with just one verse. So I will read it over and over again until the scriptural verse starts burning within my spirit and it oozes a tremendous joy, for it senses like I have touched the Presence of Jesus. Oh, Father God may I have more revelations of this nature.
Let us analyse the two disciples on the road to Emmaus. What was their sensation and experience like when Jesus opened the scriptures to them? What do they mean when they said, “their hearts were burning within them”,
This is one of the reasons why I rejoice that Jesus Christ sent us the promised Holy Spirit, which is a spirit of joy.
For the two disciples, did “burning” mean a tremendous joyful experience --- which one cannot compare or relate it to any worldly experience?
Could this be the reason why I am addicted to the words in the bible, why I cannot grow tired of reading the Word? Whenever any individual, ( whoever they are), read the word of the bible audibly, either on the radio, television or any cassette/DVD tape, I am mesmerised and paralysed on that very position, whether I am standing or sitting to hear the joyful words being uttered. Is this because my spirit is beginning to get lighted, warmed up and burn again. Is this the reason why during the 1980’s when every member of my family were fast asleep during the early hours of the night, I would get up and place myself in front of the television box and press the Christian channel and partake, take in, listen to various sermons, edifying preaching and teaching talks and submerge myself into the anointed music being sung. I could have dozed off into a deep sleep on my warm sofa, with the television still on and the preaching, teaching and the anointed music still continuing to being relayed and played, but the Word of the Lord was still ministering to my subconscious mind and spirit.
Was I very aware of my spirit burning that I decided to take my cassette walkman and listened to some preaching and teaching tapes whilst I was on my way to work? Was this the methodology I used to keep my spirit warm and for it to burn?
Was this the reason, that sometimes spontaneously some praising words would come out of my mouth without me first discerning, editing, deciphering what I was saying or being aware that there were people all around me. The words uttered were usually of this nature, "Thank you Jesus, Blessed be the Name of the Living God, Glory Be to God, I love you Jesus etc."
I also need the Word of God to be a cutting edge to me at all times.
37) Now when they heard this they were stung (cut) to the heart, and they said to Peter and the rest of the apostles (special messengers), Brethren, what shall we do? 38) And Peter answered them, Repent (change your views and purpose to accept the will of God in your inner selves instead of rejecting it) and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of and release from your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Remember this that the Words of our Lord have got a Life sustaining force behind it; they promote and enhance life and not death.
63) The Spirit can make life. Sheer muscle and willpower don't make anything happen. Every word I've spoken to you is a Spirit-word, and so it is life-making.
So the Word of God cuts and penetrates one’s being, it enhances, promotes and builds up life and the Word is sustained by a sense of warmness, a (joyful) burning sensation.
Is this joyful burning sensation sparked by God the Holy Ghost and it cannot be blown out or extinguished as long as it is fuelled by the Word of God?
We happened to be listening to Premier Christian Radio on 25th July 2009. It was a programme called Best Seller presented by Patrick Woodward. He is the Director of Programmes for Revival Media. Each week he interviews a Bible teacher to expound on some of the bible verses. During that week the expounder was the Reverend Geoffrey Smith, who currently is the Director of Christian Friends of Israel- UK. We used to know Geoffrey and his wife Margaret whilst he was the Administrator at St. Mark’s Church, Kennington, London.
Geoffrey gave a revelation on the biblical verses found in:
28) Later, knowing that all was now completed, and so that the Scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty." 29) A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant and lifted it to Jesus' lips. 30) When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.
Geoffrey was explaining that the soldier used his personal toilet kit a sponge to offer the wine vinegar to Jesus. This sponge was part of the same kit the soldier would have used to clean himself. For the Romans had 'flushing toilets' which were actually channels of water. They used theses sponges which were on sticks to clean themselves.
When Jesus cried out, “It is Finished,” this embodied that Jesus went to the utmost degradation and humiliation for us that a personal toilet sponge was used to offer a drink to our Lord Jesus.
The counter below was introduced for the first time on 8th January 2014. Sadly the firm who installed my previous beautiful counter many years ago,and filled it with exciting statistics,suddenly went out of business.As a result we lost all our treasured statistics.
We like national flags portraying on our website so we are re-introducing the flag counter freshly again through another firm.It is so exciting to see visitors coming from the far corners of the earth! Commencing 8th January 2014 .